STYLED BY SMITH
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before electing to use STYLED BY SMITH. By renting any garment from this site, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to Styled by Smiths Terms of the agreement, then you may not use the service.
- If any damage occurs to the hired garment during the customers hire period they must immediately notify Styled By Smith via email with photos of the damage.
- Avoid getting any stains (for example perfume, deodorants, spray tan, drinks) on the garment, if we are unable to remove these stains through dry cleaning you will be liable to pay the FULL RRP to replace the dress.
- The garment is for the hirers use only. It must stay in their own possession and control for the entire hire period
- Make no alterations or additions to the garment or in any other manner interfere with the garment, any damage to the dress the hirer will be charged the full RRP of the dress to be replaced.
- If the customer elects to use fake tanning products they must apply at least 2 days prior to wearing the garment to ensure they do not stain the garment, If there is spray tan left on the garment that in unable to be removed through dry cleaning the hirer will be liable to pay the full RRP of the dress to be replaced.
- Return the hired garment in the pre-paid returns satchel provided inside the original satchel before 12pm the following business day after their hire period. If the garment is returned later than this date a late fee will apply.
- If the garment is returned and after dry cleaning is damaged or stained the full RRP of the garment will be charged to you the hirer.
- For any handbag rental due to security reasons customers must provide a proof of identification (Valid New Zealand driver’s license or Passport)
All customers must comply with a standardised Late Fee Policy that Styled by Smith will enforce to protect our services we rely on customers returning items in a timely manner.
If your hire period is scheduled over a weekend, you must hand over your parcel to a NZ post cashier before 12pm on Monday.
If you are dropping off your garment to our studio (Nude Skin and beauty 221 Stuart street) garments must be returned by 5pm the day after your hire.
Styled by Smith keeps record of all returns tracking numbers to ensure they can keep records of what stage of the shipment the returns satchel is at.
Weekday hires must be lodged or dropped back by 12pm the following day.
For each day a Garment is late, a fee of $50 will be charged to you the hirer. By choosing to not pay a late fee or return your garment is a direct violation of Styled by Smiths Term's & Conditions. Styled by Smiths reserves the right to charge the credit card on file, or otherwise collect payment from you and pursue any avenues available to Styled by Smith in this regard. Unpaid invoices will be passed on to a debt-collection service. The customer is liable to pay for the recovery fee as well as their late fee.
Late fees will be capped at 2 weeks or up to the RRP whichever is larger unless otherwise determined by Styled by Smith in their sole discretion. After 2 weeks, if the order is unreturned your card stored by Styled by Smith will be charged any remaining amounts. This charge is authorised and not refundable.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
All online orders who elect shipping by New Zealand Post will be charged $10 for express shipping to ensure the garments have enough time to be delivered, returned, examined and dry cleaned before the next hire.
Styled by Smith cannot be held responsible for a customers personal suburbs postman therefor resulting in a non - delivery or delay in delivery after they leave the Dunedin NZ Post Office.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel can be delivered to the nominated address in time for their event. The customer is not entitled to any compensation from Styled by Smith of any nature for any loss, damage or delay.
Once the parcel has been successfully delivered by New Zealand courier post to the customers address it is the customers responsibility for the safety of the parcel. If the parcel is stolen, lost or damaged you the hirer are responsible for the full RRP to replace the garment.
Styled by Smith aim to get your garment to you 1-2 days prior to your event; however if NZ Courier Post is delayed and the garment arrives on the same date as the date you selected, we do not issue refunds as it was still delivered on the targeted date.
Once we dispatched the garment to the couriers, it is outside of our control.
It is the customers responsibility to place the garment's in the return overnight courier satchel provided and lodge to a New Zealand Post office within the hire return period. Should a weekend hire garment/s be sent any later than the following Monday 5pm, late fee/s of $50 per day will be charged. In the event, Styled By Smith loses an order due to the delay, we reserve the right to charge additional hiring fees. The customers card kept on record will be charged, If we cannot charge the card, the customers have 48 hours to pay the fees before they are handed to our debt collector.
All rentals above the value of $600 require a signature when delivered.
Once the garment has been booked and a hire fee has been paid it is strictly non-refundable. Customers are given a 24 hour cancellation period beginning from the time of purchase where an exchange or credit can be offered.
All fees are final.
POSTAL TRY ONS
Styled by smith offer postal try ons for a flat rate of $35. This payment must be received prior to the dispatch of the dress. Postal try ons are only dispatched on a Monday and must be returned on Tuesday.
Any postal try ons that are returned stained/ damaged/ ripped the hirer will be charged the full RRP to replace the dress.
Postal try ons that are returned and require dry cleaning to remove stains (e.g. make up, fake tan) this cost will be at the hirers expense.